Congrats to the 2012 Digital Graffiti Finalists!
From hundreds of submissions from around the world, Alys Beach announces today the 25 digital artists finalists who will now compete for $10,000 in cash prizes at the Fifth Annual Digital Graffiti Festival on June 8th and 9th at Alys Beach.
Prizes will be awarded in various categories and judged by a panel of art and industry experts. The winning categories include Best of Show, Most Innovative/Experimental Submission, Best in Florida, Best Animated Submission and Curatorâ€™s Choice. All winners will be announced on the evening of June 9th at the Caliza Pool.
This one of a kind juried festival allows digital artists to explore how their fluid forms intersect with technology and wrap the architecture of Alys Beach to create entirely new art forms. Guests who attend Digital Graffiti are able to view these installments and glimpse the latest in digital art and technology.
2012 Digital Graffiti Finalists
1. â€śbecomingâ€ť by Belinda Haikes of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2. â€śBFFâ€ť by Elisa Harkins
3. â€śchiralâ€ť by Robert Seidel of Berlin, Germany
4. â€śDoodle Defenseâ€ť by Andy Wallace of New York, New York
5. â€śEmergenceâ€ť by Jaysen Haibech of Collingwood, Australia
6. â€śFaces, Places, and Body Partsâ€ť by Francis Sileo of Annapolis, Maryland
7. â€śFermata (Dive)â€ť by Brian Patrick Franklin of Normal, Illinois
8. â€śFlight of Memoryâ€ť by Victoria Febrer & Pedro J. Padilla of Astoria, New York
9. â€śFull Moonâ€ť by Yandell Walton and Tobias Edwards of Collingwood, Australia
10. â€śIn Vitroâ€ť by Brian Ratigan of Jacksonville, Florida
11. â€śMagnetic Fieldâ€ť by Dmitry Kmelnitsky of Venice, California
12. â€śNeons Melodyâ€ť by Jean-Michael Rolland of Paris, France
13. â€śPassing Byâ€ť by Andres Koczka of Copenhagen, Denmark
14. â€śPlease Call Stellaâ€ť by Black & Jones of Clarksville, Tennessee
15. â€śSecret Livesâ€ť by Alessandro Perini of Malamo, Sweden
16. â€śStar Cycle #1â€ť by Yoshi Sodeoka
17. â€śStutter Lightâ€ť by Ann Catherine Cater of Nashville, Tennessee
18. â€śSuspensionâ€ť by Steven Grambergs of Suwanee, Georgia
19. â€śSwitchâ€ť by Liat Berdugo of Providence, Rhode Island
20. â€śTableau Viviantâ€ť by Tomasz WlaĹşlak of Gorzow Wielkopolski, Poland
21. â€śThe Endâ€ť by Joel Swanson of Denver, Colorado
22. â€śThe Pigâ€ť by Mark Franz of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
23. â€śUntitledâ€ť by Kate Shannon of Mansfield, Ohio
24. â€śZombie Dragonfly Discothequeâ€ť by David Montgomery of Fernandina Beach, Florida
25. â€ś1,111 Windows to the Soulâ€ť by Michael Bowen of St Petersburg, Florida
Digital Graffiti expands to two eveningsâ€¦
Friday nightâ€™s Gallery Stroll will allow guests to interact with the artists in a more intimate salon-style setting with theÂ Caliza RestaurantÂ taking a limited number of reservations for dinner. There will also be a cash bar at the Caliza Pool, but no party. The festivities will continue on Saturday night withÂ VIE Magazineâ€™sÂ Meet me at The Red Carpet from 6:30-8:30pm atÂ Fonville Press, then the festival gates open and the evening ends with the traditional pool party at the architecturally acclaimed Caliza Pool.
Adult tickets are $30 for Friday nightâ€™s Gallery Stroll, and $50 for Saturday night.
Childrenâ€™s tickets (12 and under) may be purchased for $10 for each night online atÂ digitalgraffiti.comÂ or at Fonville Press in Alys Beach. This event will sell out so advance purchase of tickets is strongly recommended.This entry was posted in Alys Beach News. Bookmark the permalink.